Are you ready to take a reading adventure this summer? READY SET GO! (June 1st- August 13th, 2017)
How it works:
Students chose 8 books to read.
It must be a book you have never read before.
Students must chose books that are FUN & EDUCATIONAL!
Students must keep track of their monthly reading minutes (use Summer Reading Log Form below) and send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents and caregivers can access free summer reading resources, including book lists across all ages in both English and Spanish.
You could win Prizes, a free personalized certificate and/or (2) FREE 1-hour tutoring sessions with us!
Promotes learning during summer break in a fun way
Sharpens literacy skills
Encourages reluctant readers
Fosters a passion for reading
Below are some Book Recommendations:
Beginner Level (ages 0-6 years old)
- Baby Animals (by Xavier Deneux)
- The Airport Book (by Lisa Brown)
- A Morning With Grandpa (by Slyvia Liu)
- There Is a Tribe of Kids (by Lane Smith)
Intermediate Level (ages 7-14 years old)
- Alamo All Stars (by Nathan Hale)
- Going Where It's Dark (by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor)
- The Truth About My Unbelievable Summer (by Davide Cali)
- Brave New World (by Aldous Huxley)
Advanced Level (ages 15 and older)
- 1984 (by George Orwell)
- The Alchemist (by Paulo Coelho)
- Into Thin Air (by John Krakauer)
- To Kill A Mockingbird (by Harper Lee)
- A Tale of Two Cities (by Charles Dickens)
College & Graduate Students
- The Awakening (by Kate Chopin)
- Things Fall Apart (by Chinua Achebe)
- The Secret Life of Bees (by Sue Monk Kidd)
- Atonement (by Ian McEwan)
- Invisible Man (by Ralph Ellison)