Early Reading Skills and Comprehension
Planting Seeds Tutoring & Test Prep prepares students for early success with our Early Readers Program. We offer in-home tutoring with specialized lesson plans for students using Phonics and individualized instruction for students struggling to grasp reading comprehension. We’ve helped early readers with dyslexia and ADD/ADHD develop a lifelong love for reading!
Tips on Engaging Early Readers
Our tutors engage early readers by
- Utilizing leveled books
- Repetition, or reading the same book multiple times to increase comprehension
- Memorization (particularly helpful with students who have dyslexia)
- Increasing phoneme awareness
- Lesson plans based on blends, digraphs, diphthongs, r-controlled vowels, etc.
- Finding books both the tutor and the student enjoy reading together!
Contact us for individualized reading lesson plans!
Would you or your student benefit from in-home tutoring by one of our qualified Planting Seeds Tutoring & Test Prep tutors? We offer specialized instruction in Reading, and many other subjects such as Science, Math, and Test Prep!
Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with new and exciting content from Planting Seeds!