Are you ready to take a reading adventure this summer? READY SET GO!
Dates: June 1st- August 15th, 2019
How it works:
- Students chose 6 books to read.
- It must be a book you have never read before.
- Students must chose books that are FUN & EDUCATIONAL!
- Students must keep track of their monthly reading minutes (use Summer Reading Log Form below) and send via email to: email@example.com
- Parents and caregivers can access free summer reading resources, including book lists across all ages in both English and Spanish.
- You could win Prizes, a free personalized certificate and/or (2) FREE 1-hour tutoring sessions with us!
- Promotes learning during summer break in a fun way
- Sharpens literacy skills
- Encourages reluctant readers
- Fosters a passion for reading
Here’s a list of recommended books from Planting Seeds:
Beginner Level (ages 0-6 years old)
Baby Animals (by Xavier Deneux)
The Airport Book (by Lisa Brown)
A Morning With Grandpa (by Slyvia Liu)
There Is a Tribe of Kids (by Lane Smith)
Intermediate Level (ages 7-14 years old)
Alamo All Stars (by Nathan Hale)
Going Where It’s Dark (by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor)
The Truth About My Unbelievable Summer (by Davide Cali)
Brave New World (by Aldous Huxley)
Advanced Level (ages 15 and older)
1984 (by George Orwell)
The Alchemist (by Paulo Coelho)
Into Thin Air (by John Krakauer)
To Kill A Mockingbird (by Harper Lee)
A Tale of Two Cities (by Charles Dickens)
College & Graduate Students
The Awakening (by Kate Chopin)
Things Fall Apart (by Chinua Achebe)
The Secret Life of Bees (by Sue Monk Kidd)
Atonement (by Ian McEwan)
Invisible Man (by Ralph Ellison)